EID AL ADHA QUOTES FROM QURAN
EID AL ADHA QUOTES FROM QURAN Eid al-Adha commemorates the Koranic tale of the Prophet Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son Ishmael as an act of obedience to God. Before he could carry out the sacrifice, God provided a ram as an offering.
Continue reading the main story
In the Christian and Jewish version of the story, Abraham is ordered to kill another son, Isaac.
Muslims celebrate the Adha, Arabic for “sacrifice,” by slaughtering domestic animals like sheep and distributing the meat to the poor, as a symbol of Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his only son.
1. He is the One GOD; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise. [59:24]
2.Those who believed and led a righteous life are the best creatures. [98:7]
3.Their reward at their Lord is the gardens of Eden with flowing streams, wherein they abide forever. GOD is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him. Such is the reward for those who reverence their Lord. [98:8]
4. O children of Adam, we have provided you with garments to cover your bodies, as well as for luxury. But the best garment is the garment of righteousness. These are some of GOD’s signs, that they may take heed. [7:26]
5. Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and be kind to parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, do not rebuke them, but speak to them in terms of honor and kindness. Treat them with humility, and say, ‘My Lord! Have mercy on them, for they did care for me when I was little’. [17:23-4].
6. Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. [2:190].
7. If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things. [8:61]
8. O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in Gods sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. [49:13]
9. “There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.”. [2:256]
10. Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant.” [7:199]
11. “Have patience with what they say, and leaves them with noble (dignity).” [73:10]
12. “And the servants of Allah . . . are those who walked on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say ‘Peace'” [25:63]
13. “Allah is with those who restrain themselves.” [16: 128]
14. “And if you punished, let your punishment be proportionate to the wrong that has been done to you; but if you show patience, that is indeed the best course. [16:126]
15. “The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto: but if a person forgets and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah.” [62:40]
16. Whoever kills another one without justifiable cause, surely he is killing all of humanity. And whoever saves the life of another one, surely he saves the lives of all of humanity. [Sura Al Ma’aidah: Ayah 32]
17. “I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)” [11:55-56]
18.It is neither their meet nor their blood that reaches Allah, but it is piety from you that reaches Him. Thus We have made them subject to you that you may magnify Allah for His Guidance to you. And give glad tidings (O Mohammad) to the Muhsinun (doers of good).
19.Who are Muhsineen? A “Muhsin” A good-doer who performs good deeds totally for Allah’s sake only withot any show off or to gain praise or fame, etc..and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah’s Messanger Mohammad.
On this day of Eid Al-Adha, you should select your Ismail and bring him to Mina! Who is your Ismail? Anything that is causing an obstruction for you to reach your Lord and fulfill your duties towards Him. Your Ismail could be: